What Is Black Seed Oil?
Black seed oil comes from the Nigella Sativa, a native plant of southwest Asia. The oils are extracted out of the seeds and are used by people all over the world to treat diabetes, asthma, weight loss, hypertension, and many other conditions. Thymoquinone is one of the key components, a compound linked to beneficial antioxidant properties.
Black seed oil use dates back to more than 2000 years. According to a few sources, it was first found in a tomb housing King Tut. Today the oil can be purchased in most health stores. It can either be used topically or orally consumed in capsule form. Nigella Sativa seeds are also used in Indian and Middle Eastern cuisine. The seeds taste slightly bitter.
Which Black Seed Oils are the Best?
We researched several black seed oil products on the market, both liquid and capsule form, and identified the top nine brands based on customer review, efficacy, and popularity. Let’s dive in!
1. Amazing Herbs Premium Black Seed Oil
- BLACK SEED EXPERTS - Amazing Herbs Premium Black Seed Oil Formulation Delivers Natural Oil Intended for Oral Administration, Contains Omega Fatty Acids & 5x Thymoquinone for Health Benefits
- QUALITY INGREDIENTS - Using the Highest Quality, Organically-Grown, Pesticide-Free and Non-Irradiated Nigella Sativa Seeds Containing No Preservatives or Hidden Synthetic Chemicals
- NATURAL HEALTH BENEFITS - Black Cumin Oil Provides Immune Support, Aids in Digestive Health, Promotes Healthy Joints, Improves Brain Function that Restores Vitality & Improves Life Quality
- COLD-PRESSED IN THE USA - Amazing Herbs Utilizes Unique Screw-Type Presses that Gently Squeeze the Oil from the Seeds which Preserves the Oils Antioxidants and Retains a Higher Level of Nutrients
- OUR STORY - Original Manufacturers of Black Seed Health & Nutritional Supplements in the World & One of the First Nutraceutical Company's to Introduce it to the Health & Nutrition Industry in the US
2. Prime Natural Organic Black Seed Oil 4oz
- Natural Immune Support: Boost your immune system with the power of nigellone, thymoquinone, and antioxidants, a natural way to fortify your body's defense mechanisms.
- Digestive Harmony: Experience the soothing effects of our premium black seed oil liquid, designed to relax intestinal muscles and ease digestive discomfort, promoting overall digestive wellness.
- Appetite Management Ally: Support your holistic well-being with our black seed oil, known for its natural ability to assist in appetite management.
- Enhance Joint Comfort & Mobility - Experience improved flexibility and relief from discomfort with black cumin seed oil, especially cold processed to support your joints and keep you active.
- Achieve Radiant Hair & Skin: Rich in essential omegas, amino acids, and antioxidants, black seed oil nourishes and rejuvenates, promoting thick, lustrous hair and a radiant complexion.
3. Zhou Organic Black Seed Oil
- Powerful Immune Support. Organic, cold-pressed, and 100% pure. Black Seed Oil Liquid is packed with super antioxidants, nigellone and thymoquinone, which may help maximize healthy cell activity in the body and keep your immune system strong.
- Heart Healthy Nutrients. Nutrients in Kalonji Oil, work to help support cardiovascular health. One teaspoon daily is a convenient way to consume this amazing superfood.
- Hair and Skin Superfood. Helps support thick, lustrous hair and glowing skin. Powerful omegas, amino acids and antioxidants naturally-occurring in black seed oil work together to help add strength and fullness to the hair and support youthful-looking skin.
- Joint and Digestive Comfort. Studies suggest that black seed oil may help support joint comfort and mobility. Ideal for people with poor digestion, it may help calm intestinal muscles, provide digestive comfort, and curb appetite so you stay fuller longer.
- Lab Tested Based in Utah. At Zhou, we use only the highest-quality ingredients in a facility following GMP (good manufacturing practices). Plus, we test everything at our lab in Utah, so you can be confident that you're fueling your body with the very best.
4. Horbaach Store Black Seed Oil 2000mg
No products found.
5. MAJU’s Black Seed Oil
- Lighter taste, stronger potency - Our Turkish oil has a light color, but packs a strong punch. Although our black cumin seed oil is light and palatable, it actually contains 3 to 4 times more thymoquinone than most other black seed oils (we have 1.5%+). Thymoquinone is the compound that has the widest array of benefits and is the reason most people buy black seed oil in the first place. Support your immune system with the best of the best.
- May support joints, skin, hair and nails - Blackseed oil (aka Kalonji Oil) is packed with powerful nutrients that can help unleash a youthful appearance and vibrance that you will notice. It contains a large dose of omegas, amino acids, and antioxidants. We consider it an extremely important source of fatty oils for your everyday life just as the ancient Egyptians and Ottomans did. People love taking it for hair growth.
- Hearth healthy and digestive supporting oils - Maju's oil has a more powerful array of omega 3, 6, & 9. It will help support your body's cardiovascular health. It is also known to support the regulation of the metabolism and to soothe digestive processes.
6. Freshfield Black Seed Oil
- Cold Pressed Black Seed Oil by a trusted North American Company: Our 100% pure, unrefined cold-pressed black seed oil is a powerful antioxidant that can contribute to a plethora of ailments. Think of black seed oil as a jack of all when it comes to optimal health.
- Our customers results include: Balanced blood sugar levels, lowered cholesterol, healthier heart and digestive systems, beaten eczema, strengthen hair and reduced greying.
- Strongest Black Seed Oil on the Market: We work directly with farmers and producers to find the highest quality seed to create our black seed oil. We constantly lab test our oil to ensure that thymoquinone levels meet our high standards.
- Our Black Seed Oil (black cumin seed oil, nigella sativa) is in a glass bottle ensuring that all the natural benefits of the oil are preserved.
- Who is Freshfield? We provide plant-based nutrition with a planet saving attitude. Our products are 100% vegan and certified plastic negative — as good for you as they are for the planet. For every plastic bottle sold, two bottles worth of plastic are ethically recovered from the waste stream and processed responsibly. This means we reduce twice as much plastic as we use.
7. Sun Essential Oils – Organic Black Seed Oil
- 100% Pure Black Seed Oil - Our Black Cumin Seed oil is completely pure, natural, and also USDA certified organic. It's also completely free of toxins, chemicals, and hexane. Cold pressed extraction.
- Certified USDA Organic - Our Black Cumin Seed is 100% organic and bottled right here in the United States
- Nurish And Treat Your Skin & Hair - The powerful b vitamins in black seed oil is perfect for hydrating & softening your skin and hair!
- What Is Black Seed Oil? - Black seed oil has been used for thousands of years; it's known as black caraway, black cumin, or black onion seeds. Black Seed oil contains thymoquinone, and this is a powerful antioxidant.
- Manufacturer Money Back Guaranteed - If you're ever unsatisfied with our Black Seed oil, simply contact the manufacturer for a no questions asked, money back guarantee!
8. NusaPure Store Black Seed Oil 1,000 mg Softgel Capsules
- Black Cumin seed oil 1,000mg per serving. From Virgin Nigellaa Sativa Seed Oil.
- 180 softgels per bottle for a 90-day supply. Serving size is 2 softgels per day. Vegan/Vegetarian
- Cold-Pressed Black Seed oil. Hexane Free
- Manufactured in a cGMP registered facility with high standards.
- Our formulations are crafted with high quality ingredients and care.
9. Healths Harmony Store Black Seed Oil – 120 Softgel Capsules
- Cold-pressed black seed oil softgel capsules: We source the wonderful plant nigella staiva from its natural home, capture it all in a 500mg capsule along with natural vitamin E (D-alpha Tocopherol) and manufacture it right here in the USA. The result is a superior-quality black cumin seed oil supplement that conveys all the benefits in an easy-to-swallow liquid capsule with no foul taste.
- Rediscover an ancient secret: Black seed oil (aka kalonji oil) has been used traditionally for thousands of years - as far back as the Egyptian pharaohs! Now, it's now seeing a resurgent boom in popularity and scientific interest. Pure, cold-pressed black seed oil in softgel form is hard to find in today’s market. Order your 60 day supply (1 bottle) of this ancient secret, and bring yourself the myriad benefits of this unique plant that’s taking the scientific world by storm!
- Natural defense: The chemical compounds thymoquinone (TQ), thymohydroquinone (THQ) and thymol are most effective when working together, and are naturally occurring in nigella sativa. On the outside, the combined antioxidant properties of Black Seed and vitamin E (D-alpha Tocopherol) promote stronger hair roots and increased melanin production which helps maintain healthy skin.
- Manufactured to immaculate standards: We manufacture these vegan, non-GMO softgels in a GMP-certified facility right here in the USA. The two piece capsules are filled with our precision formula in the presence of pure nitrogen, to keep oxygen out and ensure your black seed oil remains pure and unspoiled.
- Allergy Information: Black Seed Oil is derived from seeds, people with a known allergy to seeds should avoid taking black seed oil.
The Many Benefits Of Black Seed Oil
So what’s all the hype about black seed oil? As it turns out, there are many benefits to using black seed oil. Here are the top examples.
Helps To Fight Inflammation
The antioxidants in black seed oil provide impressive anti-inflammatory benefits. These properties help combat inflammation present in the body, which reduces the risks of chronic diseases such as diabetes, heart disease, and Alzheimer’s.
One of the studies published in the Avicenna Journal of Phytomedicine studied how black seed oil impacts oxidative stress for patients that suffer from rheumatoid arthritis.
The researchers split the candidates into 2 groups. The first group was given black seed oil every day in two doses, while the other group was given a placebo.
It was discovered that there was a reduction in oxidative stress and improvements in inflammation for the subjects that took the black seed oil supplement over 8 weeks. While not completely conclusive in regards to the actual size of this study, the results seem to be promising.
High In Antioxidants
The antioxidants present in black seed oil can help protect the cells from free radical damages. This oil contains a rich source of thymoquinone, which is a potent compound great for hepatoprotective, anti-inflammatory, and the lungs.
For those that struggle to keep their cholesterol levels under control, black seed oil may be a worthwhile supplement to try. Some researchers have suggested that black seed oil lowers the risks of heart disease by lowering blood pressure and cholesterol. These discoveries, once again link back to the rich source of antioxidants present in this oil.
Great For Respiratory Health
Black seed oil is also said to help with respiratory or lung health, which includes guarding against common conditions like bronchial asthma.
Since the antioxidants assist with fighting inflammation, black seed oil is found to reduce airway inflammation which helps to keep asthma under control. It is always advisable to first consult with a health practitioner before starting any type of treatment protocol.
Maintains Blood Sugar Levels
While black seed oil has been associated with weight loss, a lot more research is required to determine the real link.
What scientists have been seeing is that antioxidant levels in black seed oil can be used to regulate blood sugar levels. The regulation of blood sugar assists with maintaining a healthier weight range.
It is important to note, that regulating blood sugar levels is vital when it comes to living a healthier lifestyle. Blood sugar levels that are consistently unstable will eventually increase the risks of kidney and heart disease. Over the shorter-term blood sugar levels that are unbalanced can also impact energy and mood.
Provides A Healthy Dose Of Fatty Acids
Black seed oil is also a rich source of fatty acids. These are regarded as unsaturated, healthy, and good types of fat, such as Omega-9 and Omega-6, which the body is unable to naturally produce. Omega-9 fatty acids improve mood and increase energy, while Omega-6 can assist with skin regeneration and hair growth.
May Help With Brain Health
The research is still limited on this, but black seed oil could potentially be helpful in regards to focus and memory, according to a very small study conducted on 20 elderly subjects.
The findings can be found in the Journal of Ethnopharmacology. This study focused on the effects produced by Nigella Sativa on cognitive health and memory cognition in elderly participants. The group was divided into two, with one of the groups receiving black seed oil in capsule form twice a day over nine weeks. The other group received a placebo.
When provided with tests, the group that was given Nigella Sativa showed more positive results in regards to cognition, attention, and memory when compared to the group that received the placebo.
Great For Skin Afflictions
Black seed oil is one of those ingredients that should feature in most skin-care routines. It is beneficial to treat conditions like psoriasis (thanks to its antipsoriatic effect), along with acne, based on one of the large meta-analyses, which appeared in the Journey of Tropical Medicine.
How To Use Black Seed Oil
When used as a “supplement”, black seed oil is easy to ingest in either liquid or pill form. This oil is also used topically for areas such as the hair and skin.
When purchasing black seed oil in liquid form, it is suggested to only buy high-quality products that do not contain other ingredients. At the same time, since the supplements are not tested for effectiveness and safety by the FDA (Food and Drug Administration), it is essential to find a reliable and reputable brand.
It is useful to look for a product that has received certification from the NSF International, the U.S. Pharmacopeial Convention, or ConsumerLabs, who all conduct testing for quality.
Black seed oil has quite a potent flavor that is slightly spicy and bitter. It can be compared to oregano or cumin. For those that want to take black seed oil in liquid form, you likely want to mix it with another ingredient that is strongly flavored such as lemon juice or honey.
For topical use, black seed oil can also be massaged into the hair or skin.
Bottom Line on the Best Black Seed Oils
Black seed oil is by no means a miracle elixir, but it does have some amazing benefits that can improve health outcomes when combined with a good diet and healthy lifestyle. It’s worth discussing with your doctor if adding black seed oil to your supplement routine is recommended.
Plus, it’s an affordable health supplement that is widely available. Just make sure you can handle the taste, or opt for capsules.